Thursday (April 5th)
- As of 2008, there were 33.4 million people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide
- 1.2 million people in the United States are living with the HIV infection. 1 in 5 are unaware of their infection.
- African-Americans are the most affected group with HIV
- In 2009, African-Americans accounted for 44% of all new HIV infections
- In 2007, African American women accounted for 65% of new AIDS cases and 61% of new HIV infections.
- In 2009, Young people aged 13-29 accounted for 39% of all new HIV infections.
Prayer and Fast Focus:
- Pray for a cultural change in sexual values
- Pray for the healing for victims affected by HIV/AIDS
- Pray for families affected by HIV/AIDS
- Pray for medical advances relative to the HIV/AIDS epidemic
- Pray for a revival of faith and awareness regarding HIV/AIDS
- Pray for those with the HIV/AIDS virus in need of the gospel
Published on Thursday, April 5, 2012 @ 7:01 AM CDT
I was blessed indeed to be able to share with the residents of the Plaza at Richardson Nursing Home along with other members of Christ Community on Wednesday evening. We served them desert treats and participated in a sing-a-long after hearing a spiritually encouraging word from Rev. Robert L. Hadley, Jr. It is my feeling that the residents were glad that we came and some expressed that it doesn't happen very often. We were able to visit with those who could communicate and there were some who could only smile. My spirit was excited because they were excited. There was one gentleman who could really sing. I think of him as "the encourager" because he indicated how he's up at 4AM praying everyday. It was truly a joy to be with them alongside my fellow believers It's a day that I will certainly treasure and a good day to show "compassion!"
Posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2012 @ 9:51 AM CST
I just had to type something. Its a little late, but I too went to nursing home on yesterday. I had a great time and look forward to going back. It brought tears to my eyes to be able to bring smiles to so many people, just by spending a little time with them and sharing the Gospel. Thanks for all that showed up and those that sent their prayers, lets keep it up.
Posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2012 @ 9:36 PM CST