Tuesday (April 3rd)
Prayer Focus: Global Poverty
- Almost half the world – over 3 billion people – lives on less than $2.50 a day.
- 80% of the world lives on less than $10 a day.
- The worlds 7 richest people combined, possess more wealth than the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of 41 heavily Indebted Poor Countries (567 million people).
- Nearly 1 billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their name.
- More than half of African nations’ inhabitants earned an average of $200 a year.
- 1 billion children live in poverty (1 in 2 children). 640 million live without adequate shelter, 400 million have no access to safe water, 270 million have no access to health services.
Prayer and Fast Focus:
- Pray for the nations and economies of the world
- Pray for nutritional needs of children globally
- Pray for political instability and corruption in poverty-stricken countries
- Pray for the spread of the gospel in poverty-stricken nations
- Pray for a revived passage in the global church for the poor.
Published on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 @ 7:58 AM CDT
As I thought about my hunger in this fast, I couldn't help but think about all the people in the world that are hungry because of global poverty. Truthfully, my fast will end very soon. Unfortunately, for many people around the world, fasting is a way of life. Every day is a fast for some mother, father, or child, who does not have enough food to eat. Thus, today, I thank God for broadening my awareness of the hunger in the world and I will continue to do my part to end world hunger.
Posted on Tue, Apr 3, 2012 @ 11:14 AM CST